Ethical ISAs – Stocks & Shares (Investment) ISAs
Start a new ethical stocks and shares ISA or transfer an existing one and achieve your financial objectives while making a positive contribution.
We offer FCA regulated, independent financial advice from experienced advisers who share your desire to create a more sustainable future.
A stocks and shares ISA is a tax efficient savings account for holding your chosen investments. To create an ethical stocks and shares ISA, we simply help you choose socially responsible and environmentally conscious underlying investments.
With access to award winning ethical funds and portfolios you can choose from a select range of ethical investments to place in your ISA, and match your individual preferences with your financial objectives.
How we Build an Ethical Stocks & Shares ISA
We start by finding out about you, your ethical views and your investment objectives.
An informal chat with no obligations helps us understand what you are trying to accomplish and the kind of investments that might be suitable.
The aim of this initial conversation is to give you some idea of the options that exist, how we put things in place and the possible fees.
Thereafter you can decide if you would like us to conduct a more thorough review and provide you with a personal, ethical ISA recommendation.
Any existing ISAs can be reviewed to make sure they are aligned with your preferences and objectives or we can help you start a new ethical investment ISA.
Your ISA can be held on an online platform giving you access to login and keep track of progress and we can help you choose from a wide range of existing ethical funds and portfolios with excellent credentials, solid performance and competitive fees.
By asking a series of questions about your views on ethical investing, your financial objectives and your understanding of investment risk we are able to research an appropriate solution that matches your ethical views and investment objectives while also considering the amount of risk you are comfortable taking with your money.
Instead of picking a selection of individual company stocks and shares for your ISA, we will recommend existing ethical funds or portfolios created by fund managers with many years’ experience managing truly ethical solutions with a track record of solid performance.
Funds and portfolios can exclude fossil fuels, weapons, gambling, tobacco, pornography etc. and then apply a further ‘screening’ process to remove heavy polluters, human rights abusers and companies with poor management ethics.
Investment options are available across a complete range of risk profiles from adventurous to risk averse and both performance and fund charges are competitive.
Chosen investments can be placed in your ISA and we provide annual reviews to make sure things are on track.
Our aim is to keep fees competitive so that it does not cost the earth to save it, and in most cases we can give you an indication of fees during our initial conversation.
Get in touch today to start your ethical ISA journey.
Making best use of your ISA(s):
Your ISA provides a tax efficient environment for your investment to grow because you don’t pay Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax on the growth.
Besides being one of the most effective ways to save tax they are also simple, straightforward and flexible.
Here are just 5 helpful ways to make the best use of your ISAs.
- Use your annual allowance. This may seem obvious but if you don’t use it you lose it. Any unused allowance can’t be carried over to the next year and because of the tax advantages of ISAs it makes sense to make full use of them if possible.
- You don’t have to contribute in one lump sum. Regular saving can take advantage of when markets dip and some stocks and shares can be bought when prices are low.
- Simplify your savings. Unlike other accounts, ISA gains do not need to be declared on a tax return. If the majority of your savings are tucked up in ISAs there’s less to think about at the end of the Tax Year.
- Inter-spousal estate planning. It is now possible to transfer ISAs to a surviving spouse or civil partner on death. Since 2015 it has been possible for a spouse or civil partner to ‘inherit’ the tax benefits.
- Regular reviews can maximise your ISA potential. If your stocks and shares ISA investments are not performing as well as they could or are no longer aligned to your risk preference then don’t rely on hope. Regular reviews can keep things on track.
ISAs are a useful financial planning tool and can be put to work in your favour with the right approach and understanding.
Make best use of the 2020/2021 annual ISA allowance which is £20,000 and can be spread between a selection of cash or stocks & shares ISAs.
Get in touch and discuss your ethical ISA options.