A ‘stocks and shares’ ISA is just a tax efficient account for holding your chosen investments. To make your ISA ethical, you simply choose ethical investments.
Your ISA account with us can be created and held on award winning platforms with on-line client access and reporting facilities.
We don’t ‘stock pick’ individual companies for your ISA. We recommend ready-made, ‘Model Portfolios’ created by expert fund managers with far more experience than us at creating truly ethical portfolios with excellent performance.
Our portfolios exclude fossil fuels, weapons, gambling, tobacco, pornography and then apply a further ‘screening’ process to remove heavy polluters, human rights abusers and companies with poor management ethics. Portfolios are available across a complete range of risk profiles from adventurous to more risk averse and fees are competitive.
Make yours an Ethical ISA
The first thing we suggest is filling out the form above or giving us a call on 023 8000 3456. It’s the quickest way to get a detailed overview of your options, costs etc.
First and foremost, it is our desire to do something positive with our position as a financial advisers. Like you we care about our impact on the planet and we are keen to help other’s make a real difference.
For that reason, all the recommendations have been carefully selected based on how genuine their ethical approach is, how robust the company behind it is, the performance and running costs.
Performance is proving to be just as good or better than other portfolios and costs are equally competitive. We don’t want cost to be a barrier that prevents good people from making a difference.
For investments over £100,000 a more ‘bespoke’ portfolio can be created just for you.
Making best use of your ISA(s):
Your ISA provides a tax efficient environment for your investment to grow because you don’t pay Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax on the growth.
Besides being one of the most effective ways to save tax they are also simple, straightforward and flexible.
Here are just 5 helpful ways to make the best use of your ISAs.
- Use your annual allowance. This may seem obvious but if you don’t use it you lose it. Any unused allowance can’t be carried over to the next year and because of the tax advantages of ISAs it makes sense to make full use of them if possible.
- You don’t have to contribute in one lump sum. Regular saving can take advantage of when markets dip and some stocks and shares can be bought when prices are low.
- Simplify your savings. Unlike other accounts, ISA gains do not need to be declared on a tax return. If the majority of your savings are tucked up in ISAs there’s less to think about at the end of the Tax Year.
- Inter-spousal estate planning. It is now possible to transfer ISAs to a surviving spouse or civil partner on death. Since 2015 it has been possible for a spouse or civil partner to ‘inherit’ the tax benefits.
- Regular reviews can maximise your ISA potential. If your stocks and shares ISA investments are not performing as well as they could or are no longer aligned to your risk preference then don’t rely on hope. Regular reviews can keep things on track.
ISAs are a useful financial planning tool and can be put to work in your favour with the right approach and understanding.
The 2018/2019 annual ISA allowance is £20,000 which, can be spread between a selection of cash or stocks & shares ISAs.
Get in touch and discuss your ethical ISA options.